Saturday, August 17, 2013

Finally mine! The J. Crew floral lattice crystal necklace is mine!

Oh how long have I wanted this necklace!  At least three months! When I saw it on Jcrewismyfavstore I knew I had to have it! Each week I stopped in J. Crew hoping to see it marked down. And of course, the week that I am unable to browse the B & M is the week it is finally marked down. I nearly missed out on it -- my store was sold out as were most stores in my area.  It is thanks to a tip on J.Crew Aficionada that I found out it made it's way to sale.


This necklace is extra special because my husband saw it two months back and thought it would look great on me. I, of course, agreed. He told me if the price went down (I would not let him pay $228 for this... way too much for costume jewelry), he would buy it for me for our five year anniversary. I'm happy to say I now have something to wear when we celebrate next week!

So the necklace at retail price was $228. Today it is marked down to $149 plus 30 off. I was also able to apply the educator discount, which brought the total with tax to under $100. My husband loves it and said it was worth every penny.

What do you think? Do you have this necklace? Will you try to buy it?

8 comments:

  1. Very happy for you! I adore this necklace and caved in when JC offered 40% off on full price items, paying $178 or so for it. Now I wish I had waited for the sale:(
    It is what it is.. sometimes we win sometimes we don't.
    I guess I did not want to take the risk of not getting one to call my own. In my opinion, it is one of the most beautiful pieces of jewlery JC has offered!
    Happy 5th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I agree. This necklace is one of my favorites.

      Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the bling and congrats on your five year anniversary! Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had a terrific anniversary. I wore the necklace to dinner.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy the necklace!! I too, waited for it to be reduced and found it a couple of weeks ago at our local B&M. It was also 149.99 less 30%, and then I had the 20% kickback card (or whatever it's called). Waiting sometimes does pay off! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and hope you enjoy it as much I do!

      Delete