Thursday, July 18, 2013

Blythe-like blouse for less

I always enjoy posts about where to find "similar to J. Crew" items for less by bloggers such as gigisgoneshopping and fabulousfloridamommy. So I thought I would take a page from their playbook and share my recent purchases.


I wanted the J. Crew Blythe blouse in Alabaster. It wasn't too expensive; at $49.99 plus 40-pct off it was a reasonable price. However, I am reluctant to buy the blouse because it is delicate and I don't always have the time or money to deal with specialized cleaning. I saw there is a Factory version (of which I own in another color). It isn't quite as delicate as the Blythe, but it was surprisingly more expensive!


That said, I needed a blouse like this as I have been going on several interviews as of late. I think it looks classic under a suit. So I was happy when I found Old Navy's version of the blouse, called the Women's roll cuff blouse, on the sale rack. I have this blouse in three colors already but never thought to buy this beautiful cream shade. It was already marked down to $12 and I received an additional cardholder discount yesterday. Total:  $8.

I also popped into The Limited where the entire store is 40 percent off. I picked up the Sleeveless Collared Henley Top for $18 after discounts. It is blouse material on the front side, and breatheable jersey material on the back. This top will be perfect during this week's 90 degree heat wave! They also have this top in a beautiful mint which is one of my favorite colors, but I already have enough of it in my work wardrobe.

What are your thoughts on the Blythe blouse? What is your opinion of the J. Crew vs. Factory versions? Have you picked up any items from The Limited or Old Navy lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment