Saturday, July 27, 2013

A pink bag and a (faux) French Hen

Today while out I stopped at J. Crew Factory. Imagine my sheer joy when I found an exact replica version of last fall's French Hen sweater! The sweater was $88 retail but was part of a 40 percent off promo, plus my educator discount. I am so excited to finally own the French Hen sweater! However, I must say that I nearly bought the retail version, and if I had, I might have been a tad upset to see basically the same sweater (I'm sure there is a difference with material) for so much less at the Factory. And this seems to be the J. Crew trend, that older prints make their way to the Factory the following year.

I was even more excited to buy this Kate Spade Maryanne Quilted bag in Zinnia Pink! It is more hot pink that the picture suggests, which makes me like it even more. Over at LordandTaylor.com, the bag is available for $248 (plus tax). I scored mine in store with a discount for a total of $161 (with tax). I cannot wait to wear her somewhere soon!

What are your thoughts on the older versions of J. Crew items at the Factory? Is it a "win" for Factory customers, or a "loss" for loyal retail store shoppers? What do you think of the Kate Spade bag?

5 comments:

  1. It's a win as far as I'm concerned but I only buy from retail when it is on sale or subject to a code ie 30% off everything. I didn't buy the retail but this factory one may go on the wishlist though I'm sure it will see out soon.

    I love the pink Kate Spade bag! When I look at my nail polishes or in my closet, I realize bright pink is one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really happy with both purchases.... thanks for being here!

      Delete
  2. I noticed my comment says "see out soon" - should have been "sell out soon".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted that sweater desperately. It was sold out and I don't live near an outlet, boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it on the Factory website yet but sometimes they are slow to put their items online. Keep an eye out for it, or just phone a Factory to do a "charge ship."

      Thanks for being here!

      Delete