Friday, June 7, 2013

Drinking the CREWLADE

Crewlade This may be the most serious of them all. The mixer of vaporous crewlade batches is unknown. Is it the marketing & graphic design departments of J Crew? PR? Is it…is it…us? --*gasp* -- the bloggers and blog visitors who incessantly discuss the merch to the point of memorization? FYI, inhalers rarely have control over this stuff. Do your best not to hit it too hard. It's dangerous! You usually don't come down until you get back home or the credit card bill arrives.  (source: http://www.gigisgoneshopping.com/)

I've been guilty of "drinking the Crewlade" before, but never more than recently when I decided to purchase the ubiquitous "punk floral swoop top." I mean, I tried this shirt on in store and didn't love the "sexy back" -- would I get use out this top at work?

So yeah, I had my size (last top in store when I tried it on) and I didn't love it on me. But I LOVED it on everyone else. And by everyone else I mean ALL of my favorite bloggers and J. Crew store associates. I saw the shirts in stores up until two weeks ago. So of course now that J. Crew has offered yet ANOTHER promotion and my credit card is in a new billing cycle,  I decide I NEED a swoop top to survive. And of course, it was nowhere to be found. Until Wednesday. Thank goodness for popbacks!



So anyway, it's here I've never paid over $80 for a shirt before. I hope I get my money's worth.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Rynetta! I'm a big fan of your blog so I'm honored to have you comment on my own!

      Delete
  2. You call it crewlade, I call it the trap. I did a post on the "TRAP" a while back. I love the punk floral top, but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I will have to go read that post now. Thanks for your comment. I'm still admittedly a bit uncertain of how much I like it on me, but after all the trouble I went through to get it I will learn to love it!

      Delete