Thursday, December 27, 2012

Post Christmas sales

I hit the mall the day after Christmas (Happy Boxing Day!) and was able to pick up some terrific deals. I took advantage of the Banana Republic 50-percent off reduced items sale (plus extra for cardholders), which was going on yesterday morning until 1pm. I was able to finally score the blazer I was waiting to grab on sale. It was the last one in the store and coincidentally, in my size!

I would say that the orange textured hacking jacket runs a little loose and for the first time in a while, I would have considered sizing down. However, as I mentioned, this was the LAST one in store. Also, to get it for $49 (marked down from $150) I wasn't about to be difficult.


I also checked out J. Crew. Alright, MULTIPLE J. Crews (one of the best parts of living in New Jersey -- there are least five J. Crew stores plus an outlet all within a 20 mile radius and clothing in our state is tax-free!). I picked up the pink herringbone capri pants for $20! Again, an item where I bought my normal size 4 but might have been able to size down. Since the smaller size was not in store, I grabbed the one I had. I also grabbed the black polka dot sequin tee for $43. I actually bought the ivory one a few weeks back for about $50 and it was crazy for me to buy TWO. However, I figure that I will wear the black one next holiday season, but I will wear the ivory anytime I feel like it during the year.


I was extremely excited to find an in-store pop-back of the mini-ram bracelet! I missed out on it during the summer because I waited too long for a sale. It was terrific to get a second chance at it and it was only $40.

Lastly, the two tartan plaid perfect shirts in my size on sale. I found them to run a smidge tight in the chest, as evidenced by the button. I thought this was odd being that I chose my normal size in perfect shirts. However, as people often say, J. Crew is not always consistent with sizing.


Have any of you raided the after-holiday sales or are you shopped out? Admittedly I am a bit shopped out but I didn't want to sleep on some of these items and regret not purchasing them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment